The cityville downtown value is a new statistic in your downtown, it is very similar to population statistic in your original City Board. All buildings will either have a downtown value or a downtown value maximum capacity.
the downtown value is required is some goals and downtown expansion
so here are some tips from VitaminJay how to increase downtown value in cityville
Good way to get a lot of Downtown Value without crowding space !
Here’s a pretty simple way to store a decent amount of Downtown Value. If any of you (probably most) have the Level 5 Mall, the original one that came out first. Empty out the businesses that you have stored in it and stash them somewhere else for now. Into another mall perhaps, or simply storage.
Then: Delete your Mall to place it back into your inventory. Go to Downtown, re-build the Mall, and then completely fill it up with regular Downtown businesses (such as the Mobile Phone Store). There ya go, tons of Downtown Value stashed into a single Mall. The same can be done with any other general Mall of course, including the Solar Mall, so feel free to use this to your advantage =D So far as i can tell, this is NOT an exploit in any way but simply using our tools advantageously.
Possible advantages: The Level 5 Mall alone can store 20 businesses. If you have the Coins to afford it, placing 20 Mobile Phone stores into the Mall will net you a total of 20×1118 = 22,360 Downtown Value. That’s enough for about 10-11 expansions if you expand as you go. Adding in the second Mall that goes to level 4 and the Solar Mall, that’s a LOT of potential to be had.
Note: It does NOT require that you collect parts again. Just place it and rebuild it directly to level 5.
Keep in mind the following setbacks
- Premium businesses can NOT go into any Mall for the time being so it only applies to regular businesses that use normal goods
- You will have to re-fill ALL of the staffing positions, which may or may not be an issue for some of you
- This does NOT work with the Food Court or Fashion Center. I tested this myself
1. The Mall must be EMPTY otherwise it won’t let you delete it.
2. Do NOT do this with other buildings. The entire reason that it works with the Mall is because it is un-delatable. The Mall cannot ever be completely deleted which is why it asks you if you are sure you want to put it back into your inventory.
point form :
1. Take out ALL businesses from your Mall so that it is completely empty
2. Delete your Mall
3. At the Prompt (“Are you sure you would like to place your Mall back into your inventory” Select Yes
4. Go to your Downtown
5. Place and build your Mall
6. Send requests to staff your Mall